--pretend & --fetch-all options

mel mel at hackinthebox.org
Sat Feb 17 07:39:22 PST 2007

On Feb 17, 2007, at 6:06 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2007, at 00:49, mel wrote:
>
>> 1) Is there a 'pretend' option for port, whereby when I do port --
>> pretend install xfce4,  it will list down all the dependencies and
>> packages that will be downloaded and installed?
>
> I'm not aware of any such option.

spoonfork:~ mel$ port deps gnucash
gnucash has build dependencies on:
         libtool
gnucash has library dependencies on:
         p5-xml-parser
         glib1
         glib2
         gconf
         slib-guile
         g-wrap
         popt
         libgnomeui
         libgnomeprintui
         libgtkhtml3
         libgsf
         goffice
         aqbanking
         p5-finance-quote
         gnucash-docs
spoonfork:~ mel$ port deps libtool
libtool has no dependencies
spoonfork:~ mel$ port deps goffice
goffice has library dependencies on:
         libgsf
         libgnomeprintui
         dbus
         dbus-glib

close enough for my needs at  this point in time. but it would be
good if in the future, the deps option can draw dependencies tree.

the reason i'm asking is that i've been a long time user of the
gentoo portage, and after mucking around for a day just trying to
port apache's ebuild into gentoo's prefix portage in mac os x, i just
gave up and decided to focus on using macports.

-mel