compile for x86_64?

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Feb 21 17:17:38 PST 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Elias Pipping wrote:

> in case that's supposed to be a make parameter the answer is no, though
>
> On Feb 22, 2007, at 12:38 AM, Daniel Llorens del Río wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> is there a simple way to compile all my packages with -m64?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> 	Daniel.

	"port install <portname> make.args=<arg>" should force port(1) to use
<arg> as the value of the corresponding key, 'make.args' in this case.
However, that might override the make.args value listed in the
Portfile, if any, so before you pass your own parameters to the build
process you might want to read the Portfile for the port in question
("port cat <port> | more" helps for that purpose) and construct
appropriate arguments in order not to alter what the maintainer
recommends.

	HTH,...

-jmpp