compile for x86_64?

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Feb 21 17:30:14 PST 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 9:17 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	"port install <portname> make.args=<arg>" should force port(1) to use
> <arg> as the value of the corresponding key, 'make.args' in this case.
> However, that might override the make.args value listed in the
> Portfile, if any, so before you pass your own parameters to the build
> process you might want to read the Portfile for the port in question
> ("port cat <port> | more" helps for that purpose) and construct
> appropriate arguments in order not to alter what the maintainer
> recommends.
>
> 	HTH,...
>

> -jmpp

	Replying to my own post and thanking Elias for pointing it out, that
should be 'build.args' and not 'make.args' (temporary lapse). On a side
note, you should be careful about passing arbitrary arguments to the
build process of a port, as they might cause unexpected
behavior/failures. What's already there (in the Portfile) is what the
maintainer, who is supposed to know about the port, recommends; so in
case you know for sure that what you want works, you should create a
trac ticket (assigned to the maintainer) and suggest the inclusion of
your enhancements either as a variant or in the port's main body.

	Regards,...

-jmpp