Submitting a new port

Gabriel O'Brien obrieng at nm.cbc.ca
Sat Feb 24 18:32:24 PST 2007

Hey folks,

I've been digging through the documentation on the Macports site and the
old DarwinPorts site and it's not entirely clear what the proper method
for submitting a new port is these days.  The docs refer to a specific
method of submitting a Bugzilla ticket, but the Trac system doesn't have
any of the relevant fields available.  Should I just submit a general
ticket via Trac or is there some new magical incantation?

For the record I created portfiles for makepasswd and the CPAN module it
depends on.

http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/makepasswd

cheers,
Gabriel