[Bulk] Re: port mysteries

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Sun Feb 25 07:43:23 PST 2007

On Feb 25, 2007, at 7:28 AM, Kevin Horton wrote:

> All those entries show the same version.  But, "port installed py-
> wxpython" shows that the first one is actually a different version:
>
> % port installed py-wxpython
> The following ports are currently installed:
>   py-wxpython @2.8.0.1_0
>   py-wxpython @2.8.1.1_0
>   py-wxpython @2.8.1.1_1 (active)
>
> Bizarre.  It gives the impression that the version output from
> "port list installed" is not trustworthy.

As per my earlier email, list is completely trustworthy, but you need
to understand what it does. It just gives you concise information
about the latest version of the port you've specified. Int his case,
by using the installed pseudo-port, you're specifying the same port
many times, and it gives the same same answer back for each. (The
list action completely ignores the extra meta-information about the
port version which is returned by the installed pseudo-port).