Missing CHOLMOD in octave 2.9.9

Andre Stechert andre at splunk.com
Tue Feb 27 10:48:30 PST 2007

Sorry, didn't realize you had work in progress :-(.

The pcre, curl, and glpk dependencies went in last night as of
revision 22369.
I'm bummed to report that I also cannot find a single curl reference
in the
octave tarball.  Looking around, I suspect this page was in play:

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?action=browse&diff=1&id=OctaveForMac

It's easy enough to remove the curl reference.

I also made the patches necessary to fix glpk, as per the discussion
with
Andrew Makhorin here:

	http://www.nabble.com/Updating-glpk-binding-to-GLPK-4.15-t3250570.html

Which leaves the following reports:

1) some folks are running into a problem with one of the libs not
being ranlib'd.
    the folks that i talked to were running on panther.  no fix for
this yet, plus
    haven't reproduced it.

2) some folks seem to have a version of the fnmatch header around
that's not smart
    enough to put extern "C" around the fnmatch declaration (or the
dependent sw
    is declaring it itself).  also haven't reproduced this.

3) octave/defaults.h contains wrong paths after installation
(blocking octave-forge
    port) http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11181.
Do you have a
    fix for this, given your work on octave-forge?

4) destroot.destdir keyword unnecessary
    http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11167

Bugs that should now be marked resolved/closed (I don't seem to be
able to do this
myself, so can someone else please do it for me :-D):

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11444
(SuiteSparse cholmod_io64.h)

Cheers,
Andre