macports-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 49

M. White mwhite15 at woh.rr.com
Tue Feb 27 16:35:38 PST 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 4:01 PM, macports-users-
request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

> I'm bummed to report that I also cannot find a single curl
> reference in the
> octave tarball.  Looking around, I suspect this page was in play:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?action=browse&diff=1&id=OctaveForMac
>
> It's easy enough to remove the curl reference.

There was also some discussion on by the octave developers about
cURL, but it looks like it is not quite yet in 2.9.9.  In the latest
development CVS archive:
   http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/
under:
     octave/src/DLD-FUNCTIONS
you will find:
     urlwrite.cc
which uses cURL.  It looks like it was added to the current
development sources in Oct 2006.  However, these sources are
considered buggy and not for typical use (read:

    ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave//bleeding-edge/README

for more information).  Between the wiki page mentioned and the
discussion I ran across on the maintainers site, I thought that the
functionality was already in octave.  Looks like it will be in a
future development release.
   - M.