py-wxpython build problem

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Mon Jan 1 12:15:37 PST 2007

Bas den Hond <lists at butdifferent.com> on Friday, December 29, 2006 at 2:46
AM -0800 wrote:
>I hope someone can help me with the following problem:
>
>On a clean, updated, synced installation of MacPorts, OSX 10.4.8, I
>cannot build py-wxpython. All dependencies build and install fine,
>but py-wxpython itself fails with a slew of errors, the first few of
>which are:
>
>src/helpers.cpp:2763: error: 'stream' was not declared in this scope
>src/helpers.cpp:2763: error: expected %<,%> or %<;%> before '{' token
>src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'bool wxPyImageHandler::LoadFile' is not
>a static member of 'class wxPyImageHandler'
>src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'wxImage' was not declared in this scope
>src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'image' was not declared in this scope
>src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'wxInputStream' was not declared in this
>scope
>src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'stream' was not declared in this scope
>src/helpers.cpp:2787: error: expected primary-expression before "bool"
>src/helpers.cpp:2787: error: expected primary-expression before "int"
>src/helpers.cpp:2787: error: initializer expression list treated as
>compound expression
>
>I get the impression there's a small typo somewhere in helpers.cpp,
>but I don't know any c++...

You could download 2.8.0.1 from http://www.wxpython.org, find the checksum
(openssl sha1 /path-to-download/wxPython-src) and then change the version
and checksum in the portfile, then try to install it like normal.  The old
version must have broken with the wxwidget 2.8.0 update.  If it works then
the port could be updated.  mww is the maintainer but he hasn't been
active lately.  I'm on a slow download link and can't try it now.

Mark