is platypus maintained? + crosscompiling (intel + ppc)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 2 21:36:51 PST 2007

On Jan 1, 2007, at 12:04, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Pau Arumi wrote:
>
>> i have problems installing platypus, are these servers
>> temporarily down, or just not maintained anymore?
>
> Well, current version of Platypus is now 3.4, so perhaps it isn't
> being maintained properly? Also, the "correct" URL seems to be
> sveinbjorn.org, not sveinbjorn.sytes.net (that said, both point to
> the same IP). Unfortunately the server does not seem to be responding.
>
> I would recommend trying to find a pre-built copy of Platypus on
> one of the software aggregate sites that keeps its own mirror of
> downloads. Alternately, you could just wait a day or two and see if
> the server comes back.

Correct: the platypus port is not maintained. ("port info platypus"
says "Maintainers: nomaintainer at macports.org")

The platypus site seems to be back up now. I can "port fetch
platypus" and it gets the 3.2 source.

If someone who uses platypus would like to upgrade the port to 3.4
I'm sure that would be fine. I could do it but since I don't use the
software it would be difficult for me to test that it is functional.