Bug in port name handling

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Jan 3 16:58:42 PST 2007

On Jan 3, 2007, at 6:08 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:
> I've CC'ed the dev list - anybody have any thoughts on modifying
> the version-matching regex here? And does anybody know of any other
> locations where the version is matched against a regex?
>
> Final thoughts: I just remembered that this same routine uses glob
> to find the version directory, so versions would also have to
> restrict asterisks, questionmarks, braces, brackets, and
> backslashes (basically, anything that's special to glob). But my
> stance is the more liberal we can make the version matching, the
> better.

We had a bunch of problems in the past with more liberal name
allowances and ended up being this restrictive to prevent future
problems.

I'm not sure if the people who worked on this before are still around
to comment or not.

In any case, any changes to this would need a lot of testing to be
sure it doesn't break more than it fixes.

--
Daniel J. Luke