cross compiling mac ports and intel vs. PPC architecture

David Smoot davidsmoot at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 21:15:02 PST 2007

Well, in an interesting twist, all my installed ports themselves work but
the port command is broken.

I need to fix this but it is too late tonight to tackle and I see great
potential for hosing my port system.

Should I just re-download port and rebuild for the intel architecture?

Thanks,
David
Error message:
SmootPowerbook:~ dsmoot$ port
no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib: mach-o,
but wrong architecture
    while executing
"load /opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package_native require Pextlib 1.0"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval package_native $args"
    (procedure "package" line 14)
    invoked from within
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
    (procedure "dportinit" line 311)
    invoked from within
"dportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize ports system, no suitable
image found.  Did find:
        /opt/loc