py-wxpython build problem

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Sun Jan 7 09:25:24 PST 2007

Ok,
I have upgraded py-wxpython to 2.8.0.1. It, however, means that
wxWidgets depends now on wxWdigets-devel, because wxWidgets 2.8.0 has
at least one file missing (wx/srchctrl.h). wxWidgets-level is from
their CVS_HEAD. This had to be used, because the next wxWidgets
release will be 2.8.1, I suppose. I'll update py-wxpython as soon as
it's available, provided all the tarballs are in sync, which was not
the case with 2.8.0.

HTH,

On 2.1.2007, at 2.25, Bas den Hond wrote:

> Tried it. No luck...
>
> After changing the version and the checksum, and converting the bz2
> source file to gz, I could extract and patch.
> But when I start the build, I get essentially the same errors.
> Under port -v build, the first few are all in this vein:
>
> In file included from src/helpers.cpp:16:
> include/wx/wxPython/wxPython_int.h:19:19: error: wx/wx.h: No such
> file or directory
>
> This sounds like wxWidgets isn't putting its header files where it
> should, or wxpython isn't looking where it should.
>
> It would be interesting to try and put back the old version of
> wxWidgets the same way...
>
> Bas
>>
>> Bas den Hond <lists at butdifferent.com> on Friday, December 29, 2006
>> at 2:46
>> AM -0800 wrote:
>>> I hope someone can help me with the following problem:
>>>
>>> On a clean, updated, synced installation of MacPorts, OSX 10.4.8, I
>>> cannot build py-wxpython. All dependencies build and install fine,
>>> but py-wxpython itself fails with a slew of errors, the first few of
>>> which are:
>>>
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2763: error: 'stream' was not declared in this scope
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2763: error: expected %<,%> or %<;%> before '{'
>>> token
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'bool wxPyImageHandler::LoadFile' is
>>> not
>>> a static member of 'class wxPyImageHandler'
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'wxImage' was not declared in this
>>> scope
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'image' was not declared in this scope
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'wxInputStream' was not declared in
>>> this
>>> scope
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2786: error: 'stream' was not declared in this scope
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2787: error: expected primary-expression before
>>> "bool"
>>> src/helpers.cpp:2787: error: expected primary-expression before
>>> "int"