variants question

belinda thom bthom at cs.hmc.edu
Sun Jan 7 21:54:41 PST 2007

Ryan,

Thanks for your careful answers. I've learned a lot.

Its weird...in the tools there is an .el file (for emacs). But
nothing re: pythonbindings is there. I looked at debian's related
subversion tools to get a feel for what tools one might expect (the
macports src links for tools was great, btw), and there
pythonbindings was listed.

W/macports, you have to install a separate port (subversion-
pythonbindings).

In general, I am wondering what rubric macports folks use to decide
how to break up functionality...

--b

p.s. Thanks for your help, I was able to use SVN for the first time
ever, downloading a development version of ipython.