GnuCash MacPorts install

Marc André Selig mas at seligma.com
Wed Jan 10 11:35:50 PST 2007

On 10.01.2007, at 11:42, Phil Purviance wrote:

> I've been using gnucash (2.0.4) from the mac ports install
[...]
> However, the gnucash-docs do not load for me.

yelp as installed by MacPorts does not know how to display them, even
if you navigate to them manually.  However, the gnucash-docs package
provides an HTML version for you to peruse; it is installed in /opt/
local/share/doc/gnucash (as mentioned in "port info gnucash-docs").

Or you could always decide to fix the yelp port.  If you do, be sure
to submit patches! :-)

> Additionally, gnucash crashes when it tries to get stock quotes
> from the internet.

Never seen this myself, although Finance::Quote (the perl module used
to do the dirty work) is known to be a bit picky and may hang for a
long time if the web page it's reading from does not contain exactly
what is expected.  There's been a bit of discussion about this on
gnucash-user.

Please make sure to cc the list on replies.

HTH!

Regards,
Marc