p5-xml-simple and expat vs. pureperl

Matthew Ross narf_tm at macports.org
Thu Jan 11 08:05:44 PST 2007

XML::Simple will use XML::SAX if it is installed.  If it does not find
that, it will use XML::Parser.
If you uninstall p5-xml-sax, before you install p5-xml-simple, it
should install without any issues.

Any suggestions on how to handle this better for people that have p5-
xml-sax installed?

Some ideas:
1) Patch Makefile.PL to use XML::Parser first by default.
2) Depend on p5-xml-sax-expat instead. Should the p5-xml-sax-expat
port chage/create the SAX.ini file?

For more info:
http://search.cpan.org/src/GRANTM/XML-Simple-2.16/README
http://search.cpan.org/src/GRANTM/XML-Simple-2.16/Makefile.PL