libsndfile and FLAC on 10.3

cssdev at mac.com cssdev at mac.com
Wed Jan 17 07:25:07 PST 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 7:22 AM, Dave Hill wrote:

> I am trying to install libsndfile 1.0.17 on my 10.3.9 system but it
> fails with
>
>> /usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -lFLAC
>> /usr/bin/libtool: file: -lFLAC is not an object file (not allowed
>> in a
>> library)
>> make[3]: *** [libsndfile.la] Error 1
>
> libsndfile has no dependencies according to "port dep".
>
> So I tried installing flac first, but I still get the same error.
>
> I'm using "DarwinPorts 1.3.1-10.3" as the base system.

Could you please check the config.log? I'm curious to see where it's
picking up FLAC, as it builds without any trouble on my laptop.
There's an existing trac ticket, but I haven't seen what causes it to
try to use FLAC.

<http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/10905>

Please clean your build (port clean libsndfile), and then try using
"port -v configure build >& build-libsndfile.txt" and attach the
resulting text file to the ticket.

Thanks,
Chris