Tomcat - which version?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 23 20:24:23 PST 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 19:10, David McCallie wrote:

> Newbie question.  What is the difference between the two Apache
> Tomcat versions?  Tomcat-native and Tomcat5?  I want to create some
> Java servlets.  Mac OS-X Tiger 10.4.8

It looks to me as though the tomcat5 port is tomcat, and the tomcat-
native port is some additional functionality for tomcat, which I
don't know whether you need.

> Second question:  I tried to "port install Tomcat5" and it failed
> due to inability to find Ant-1.6.5.  Apparently all the mirrors now
> carry only Ant-1.7?  Is there a way to tell it to use the newer
> Ant, or should the portfile be updated?  Or is there an old 1.6.5
> somewhere?

The apache-ant port was updated to 1.7.0 in December. The fact that
you're still seeing 1.6.5 means your port tree is way out of date.
Please update it by running "sudo port sync", then try again.