Path And Checksum Errors In A Few Packages

Marc André Selig mas at seligma.com
Sat Jan 27 02:59:10 PST 2007

On 27.01.2007, at 10:24, Altoine Barker wrote:

> These packages; mhash, ncurses, Finance-Quote, and p5-finance-quote
> seem
> to fail because of their checksum:
>
> <snip>
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for p5-finance-quote
> --->  Checksumming Finance-Quote-1.13.tar.gz
> Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Could not open file:
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/perl5/perl5/Finance-
> Quote-1.13.tar.gz
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for p5-finance-quote):
> com.apple.destroot com.apple.extract com.apple.checksum
> com.apple.patch
> com.apple.configure com.apple.build
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
[...]

This message indicates that port thinks it has already downloaded
Finance-Quote-1.13.tar.gz, but that the file is not actually there.
This might be caused by a failed checksum, but also by other things.
Would you port clean --all p5-finance-quote and try again?

Has anybody else noticed a wrong checksum for p5-finance-quote?

It works on my system with a fresh download.

I don't know much about ncurses and ncursesw, but I had to install
them yesterday (for the upgraded texinfo port), and they built all
right without any checksum complaints.

Regards,
Marc