Path And Checksum Errors In A Few Packages

Altoine Barker ndiscreet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 03:38:49 PST 2007

Weird thing is I left it running this time and it eventually installed
all the packages! What I meant by the paths error is this:

<snip>
Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Could not open file:

/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/librsvg/librsvg/librsvg/librsvg/librsvg/librsvg/librsvg/librsvg-2.16.1.tar.bz2

</snip>

You see how after /opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/ the packages that
I mentioned having path issues were listed with their name repeated more
than three times and I now think that behavior only happens when it
reports not being able to open a file because maybe it needs a few ports
to satisfy a few dependencies first and I think now that is why it
couldn't ..wouldn't open the file. Because my port tree is all good now.
I ran sudo port -v sync && sudo port -v selfupdate && sudo port -v
upgrade installed and seems fixed on the path issue. I think because I
am new to Macports, I didn't know how to interpret the the errors. I now
think after checksum of the package, it will not port until it satisfies
all dependencies first, and then it will port the package once all
dependencies are met. I come to this conclusion all had errors of
updating right after a checksum, but the first group had me thinking
there was something wrong when it output the path to the port the way it
did. Is this correct?

Thank you for your prompt reply.
-Altoine