fontconfig 2.4.2 compile woes

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Sat Jan 27 19:58:32 PST 2007

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 09:08:01PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
[snip]
> I updated fontconfig to 2.4.2 recently because the port was
> unmaintained. I did not experience those same problems when updating
> my installation, and I don't know what it means.
>
> What version of Mac OS X are you on? Are you up to date with all
> system updates? If not, install all updates. (Select Software Update
> from the Apple menu.)

10.3.9. Yes, I'm up to date, at least as far as Panther goes.

> What version of Xcode is installed? If it's not the latest, 2.4.1,
> then install 2.4.1. (Get it from http://developer.apple.com/ )

"Xcode Tools 1.5 Release for Mac OS X version 10.3 (Panther)".  That
seems to be up to date too - the 2.x series requires Tiger.

> What version of gcc is selected? (Type "gcc --version") If you're on
> 10.4.x, is it gcc 4.0.1? If not, select it. (Type "sudo gcc_select 4")

gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)

In Panther-land, gcc_select seems to be limited to one of [2 | 3 | 3.x].

Is there some way to load the older version of fontconfig that used to
compile on my Mac?

Thanks,

	-- Ed