ruby port won't uninstall, or install

flowctrl flowctrl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 09:16:04 PST 2007

Thanks Kevin;

$ sudo port -v contents ruby
Port ruby does not contain any file or is not active.

$ sudo mv /opt/local/var/db/dports/receipts/ruby /tmp/
$ sudo port installed | grep ruby
$ sudo port -v install ruby
--->  Installing ruby 1.8.5-p12_0
--->  Activating ruby 1.8.5-p12_0
--->  Cleaning ruby
--->  Removing workpath for ruby

$ ruby --version
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-25 patchlevel 12) [i686-darwin8.8.1]

Cheers!