how to install libsamplerate

Emmanuel Hainry ehainry at free.fr
Mon Jul 2 08:31:51 PDT 2007

Citando tania habib :
>  Hello List,
>  I recently installed macport on my laptop.
>  For last few days I was having trouble in installing a library named Aubio.
>  As it required
>  1-fftw3
>  2-libsndfile
>  3-automake
>  4-libsamplerate
>
>  The first three I successfully installed on my mac and aubio finds them but
>  the libsamplerate can not be installed through macports and secondly when I
>  try to install it manually using  sudo ./configur & make & make install.

I hope it was more like

./configure && make && sudo make install

Did it generate no error message? Did it end with lines like
/usr/bin/install blabla /usr/local/blabla

>  Then when I start installing aubio, it sends out an error message the
>  package "samplerate" can not be found.

I would say the easier solution would be to
first) locate where this installation of libsamplerate put the libs (if
it has worked). You can try to ask spotlight if it knows a file looking
like libsamplerate.blabla.dylib or .a, however it is probably in
/usr/local/
second) build your app with flags telling it where to find the libs
(things like

CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/local/include
-I/where/libsamplerate/include' LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib
-L/where/libsamplerate/lib' ./configure

with /where/libsamplerate being where it was installed (probably
/usr/local). And then try to build (make && make install)

Best luck,

Emmanuel