[tsocks] : Unresolved symbol: close

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Wed Jul 4 12:09:21 PDT 2007

Sylvain <sylgar at ifrance.com> on Wednesday, July 4, 2007 at 9:27 AM -0800
wrote:
>I'm using tsocks, it works well, but when I use it, whenever it starts,
>before doing anything, it outputs:
>: Unresolved symbol: close
>
>I don't like it when there are errors, even though it seems to work
>pretty well. Do you know how to fix this?

I would file a ticket in Trac, or at least contact the maintainer on this
one.  I say this because it has an active maintainer, and this app
required some serious patching.  Sometimes, if a user is willing, it is
more helpful to contact the app's programmer so they can suggest a fix or
patch and send the information to the port maintainer.  But because of the
heavy patching required of this port, I think the best option is to file a
ticket and assign it to the port maintainer (and put his email in the cc
field).  Let us know if you need help with trac or anything.

Mark