xmfract 1.4 source mirror issues

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Tue Jul 10 18:11:20 PDT 2007

Hi Jason,

On 02/07/2007, at 04:45, Jason M wrote:

> I have not filed a bug on this, but please consider adding
> http://spanky.fractint.org/pub/fractals/programs/unix/ as a mirror for
> master site http://spanky.triumf.ca/pub/fractals/programs/unix/ which
> appears to be down.

Done in r26878.  Thanks for the heads-up.

> Also, the portfile seems to be failing over to older named servers
> that are not answering:
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch xmfract_1-4_tar.gz from
> http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/xmfract
> --->  Attempting to fetch xmfract_1-4_tar.gz from
> http://distfiles-msn.opendarwin.org/xmfract
> --->  Attempting to fetch xmfract_1-4_tar.gz from
> http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
> --->  Attempting to fetch xmfract_1-4_tar.gz from
> http://distfiles-msn.opendarwin.org/

I'm sure that someone will address this eventually; Darwinports (as
it then was) used to be hosted as part of the OpenDarwin project, but
that has since closed.  The new MacOSforge infrastructure is still
coming together, and I imagine (or, rather, hope) that that will
include a new source mirror for all of our ports.  You are probably
right, though, that we should remove the *.opendarwin.org fallover
since those servers have now gone dark.  Any takers?

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)