gtk-sharp / libgda (was: Re: hgf)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 10 20:32:59 PDT 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 18:11, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:

> I'm a new user of macports, and as a trial I tried to install
> monodevelop.

I don't see a port called "monodevelop". Are you installing this
manually then? Or do you mean the port "mono"?

> I have a problem with it, and especially with gtk-sharp: when I try
> to install it (with sudo port -v install gtk-sharp) I have the
> message:

> gda-bdb-provider.c: In function 'gda_bdb_provider_open_connection':
> gda-bdb-provider.c:168: error: 'struct __db' has no member named
> 'open'
> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: 'DB_UNKNOWN' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: for each function it appears in.)
> gda-bdb-provider.c:186: error: 'DB_VERSION_STRING' undeclared
> (first use in this function)
> gda-bdb-provider.c: In function 'gda_bdb_provider_close_connection':
> gda-bdb-provider.c:214: error: too many arguments to function 'dbp-
> >close'
> make[2]: *** [gda-bdb-provider.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for libgda):
> com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot
> com.apple.install
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgda
> libgnomecanvas libglade2 libgnomeui gnome-keyring libbonoboui dbus
> xmlto getopt dbus-glib libbonobo orbit2 libidl popt libgnome esound
> audiofile autoconf gnome-vfs gconf gnome-mime-data heimdal howl
> neon libgtkhtml3 gail libgnomeprintui gnome-icon-theme hicolor-icon-
> theme icon-naming-utils p5-xml-simple p5-xml-namespacesupport
> libgnomeprint bison libgnomecups cups-headers librsvg libcroco
> libgsf vte py-gtk2 py-cairo py-numeric py-gobject

> When typing "port installed", I find libgda3: "libgda3 @3.0.1_0
> +with_bdb44 (active)
> ".
> Is it a wrong version of libgda that is installed?

When I type "port info gtk-sharp" I see that it depends on the port
"libgda", not "libgda3". How did libgda3 get installed on your
system? Did you explicitly say "sudo port install libgda3" or did
MacPorts install it automatically for you as a dependency of some
other port?

I don't know anything about gtk-sharp, for example whether it could
be updated to use libgda3 instead of libgda. gtk-sharp doesn't have a
maintainer either. If you'd like to poke around with it, please feel
free, and if you find something in the port that needs to be updated,
please let us know.