gpgme downgraded?

Christoph Ludwig ludwig at fh-worms.de
Thu Jul 12 09:27:09 PDT 2007

Hi,

I just did a selfupdate to 1.5.0 without any obvious problem.
I then did:

  castellio:~ cludwig$ port search gpgme
  gpgme                          devel/gpgme    1.1.2        A library for easy acces to GnuPG.
  gpgme-objc                     devel/gpgme-objc 1.0.2        GnuPG Made Easy is an Objective-C framework wrapping libgpgme
  rb-gpgme                       ruby/rb-gpgme  0.2          Ruby interface to GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME)
  castellio:~ cludwig$ port installed gpgme
    gpgme @1.1.4_0 (active)

Note that 'port search' thinks the most recent gpgme port is at 1.1.2, but I
actually have a gpgme 1.1.4 port installed! Was the gpgme port downgraded on
purpose? Or is there something wrong (in the port repository or on my side)?

If it was a purposeful downgrade, where can I learn about its rationale?
(Background: I am investigating why my mailclient mutt - not installed via
port - dies with a bus error as soon as I open a GPG-encrypted mail.)

Regards

Christoph
--
FH Worms - University of Applied Sciences
Fachbereich Informatik / Telekommunikation