gpgme downgraded?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 12 12:07:16 PDT 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 11:27, Christoph Ludwig wrote:

> I just did a selfupdate to 1.5.0 without any obvious problem.
> I then did:
>
>   castellio:~ cludwig$ port search gpgme
>   gpgme                          devel/gpgme    1.1.2        A
> library for easy acces to GnuPG.
>   gpgme-objc                     devel/gpgme-objc 1.0.2
> GnuPG Made Easy is an Objective-C framework wrapping libgpgme
>   rb-gpgme                       ruby/rb-gpgme  0.2          Ruby
> interface to GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME)
>   castellio:~ cludwig$ port installed gpgme
>   The following ports are currently installed:
>     gpgme @1.1.4_0 (active)
>
> Note that 'port search' thinks the most recent gpgme port is at
> 1.1.2, but I
> actually have a gpgme 1.1.4 port installed! Was the gpgme port
> downgraded on
> purpose? Or is there something wrong (in the port repository or on
> my side)?
>
> If it was a purposeful downgrade, where can I learn about its
> rationale?
> (Background: I am investigating why my mailclient mutt - not
> installed via
> port - dies with a bus error as soon as I open a GPG-encrypted mail.)

You can find out what has changed in any port by looking at the log
in the repository, e.g.:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/log/trunk/dports/devel/
gpgme

I see that gpgme was updated to 1.1.4 in r23500 on 2007-04-02 and has
not been downgraded since then. I don't know why your MacPorts thinks
1.1.2 is the current version. Try "sudo port sync" to update your
ports tree.

Here's what I get, FYI:

$ port search gpgme
gpgme                          devel/gpgme    1.1.4        A library
for easy acces to GnuPG.
gpgme-objc                     devel/gpgme-objc 1.0.2        GnuPG
Made Easy is an Objective-C framework wrapping libgpgme
rb-gpgme                       ruby/rb-gpgme  1.0.0        Ruby
interface to GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME)