install sbcl doesn't make the info files

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Jul 12 14:31:37 PDT 2007

Hi All,

this is a recurring issue, therefore I wanted to step in. However, I
am on the road right now, so my message is short and purely from
memory, but anyway...

On 11.07.2007, at 21:49, Joe Davison wrote:

> I really wasn't wanting to stop and learn about portfiles, etc.,
> just now, but I would like the .info files available in emacs...

I think this is a general MacPorts issue and we should "install" a
policy of always installing the default documentation, which for many
OS and GNU projects still is the info files. I have posted about this
on this list several times over the last months, and (believe) I have
changed the GSL Portfile accordingly at some point. I also filed a
gcc42 trac issue.

Greetings,
Jochen
--