Install error: can't read "configure.cflags"

Daniel E. Bunker deb37 at columbia.edu
Wed Jul 11 13:00:31 PDT 2007

Dear Macports users,

I am having difficulty installing Macports and the PPL library via
Macports.  I initially intstalled Macports (and updated to 1.5.0),
but the /opt/local/bin/portslocation/ folder is not there.  I thus
made the folders myself and went ahead (note also that I previously
tried to install it in /bin/, which also failed with same error, and
I then removed and reinstalled Macports):

$ cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/ppl
$ sudo port install ppl

Macports successfully installed gmp and glpk but failed on
configuring gmp-cxx-wrappers (see log below).

So, am I just missing something as a newbie?  Or is there some other
problem here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am using a macbook pro 2.2GHz Core 2 with os x 10.4.10

Thanks!!

Dan

Terminal log:

dyn-233-129:~ deb37$ cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/ppl
dyn-233-129:/opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/ppl deb37$ sudo port
install ppl
Password:
--->  Fetching gmp
--->  Attempting to fetch gmp-4.2.1.tar.bz2 from http://ftp.gnu.org/
gnu/gmp
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for gmp
--->  Extracting gmp
--->  Configuring gmp
--->  Building gmp with target all
--->  Staging gmp into destroot
--->  Running ranlib on static libraries
--->  Installing gmp 4.2.1_4+test
--->  Activating gmp 4.2.1_4+test
--->  Cleaning gmp
--->  Fetching glpk
--->  Attempting to fetch glpk-4.16.tar.gz from http://ftp.gnu.org/
gnu/glpk
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for glpk
--->  Extracting glpk
--->  Configuring glpk
--->  Building glpk with target all
--->  Staging glpk into destroot
--->  Installing glpk 4.16_0
--->  Activating glpk 4.16_0
--->  Cleaning glpk
--->  Fetching gmp-cxx-wrappers
--->  Attempting to fetch gmp-4.2.1.tar.bz2 from http://ftp.gnu.org/
gnu/gmp
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for gmp-cxx-wrappers
--->  Extracting gmp-cxx-wrappers
--->  Configuring gmp-cxx-wrappers
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: can't read
"configure.cflags": no such variable
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gmp-cxx-wrappers
dyn-233-129:/opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/ppl deb37$

--
Daniel E. Bunker
TraitNet Associate Director

deb37ATcolumbiaDOTedu