gpgme downgraded?

Christoph Ludwig ludwig at fh-worms.de
Fri Jul 13 01:49:05 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 02:07:16PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2007, at 11:27, Christoph Ludwig wrote:
> >I just did a selfupdate to 1.5.0 without any obvious problem.
> >I then did:
> >
> >  castellio:~ cludwig$ port search gpgme
> >  gpgme                          devel/gpgme    1.1.2        A
> >library for easy acces to GnuPG.
> >  gpgme-objc                     devel/gpgme-objc 1.0.2
> >GnuPG Made Easy is an Objective-C framework wrapping libgpgme
> >  rb-gpgme                       ruby/rb-gpgme  0.2          Ruby
> >interface to GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME)
> >  castellio:~ cludwig$ port installed gpgme
> >  The following ports are currently installed:
> >    gpgme @1.1.4_0 (active)
[...]
> I see that gpgme was updated to 1.1.4 in r23500 on 2007-04-02 and has
> not been downgraded since then. I don't know why your MacPorts thinks
> 1.1.2 is the current version. Try "sudo port sync" to update your
> ports tree.

thanks, Ryan, "sudo port sync" fixed the issue - which obviously affected my
whole ports tree, because now "port outdated" shows me a completey different
list of ports. (E.g., after the selfupdate port considered my gcc42 port
outdated, now it is reported as up to date.)

Was this a glitch in port or do I misunderstand the documentation? As I read
the man page, "selfupdate" is supposed to imply a "sync".

Regards

Christoph

--
FH Worms - University of Applied Sciences
Fachbereich Informatik / Telekommunikation