can not compile gnome

olivier SAINT-EVE oliviersainteve at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 15 18:37:18 PDT 2007

hello,

I dont't know if ryan is here.
I have some informations concerning the installation of popt:
here a brief summary of the thing: I try to install gnome, but I can't
install one of its dependencies, popt.
With or without macports, it aborts:

--->  Configuring popt
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_popt/work/popt-1.11"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --mandir=/opt/local/share/man
--with-libintl-prefix=/opt/local --with-libiconv-prefix=/opt/local "
returned error 1
Command output: configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

but when I try to uninstall popt, I've got:

mach4:~ oliviersaint-eve$ port uninstall popt
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: popt not registered as
installed.
mach4:~ oliviersaint-eve$ port uninstall -f popt
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: popt not registered as
installed.

it's amazing : macports does not tell me that popt is not installed(it
does not appear after "port installed").

do you know a way to erase popt, in the purpose of reinstalling it?

thank you,

lolveley.