Avoiding the installation of dependencies

Alec Resnick aresnick at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 17 16:51:18 PDT 2007

Hi!  I'm looking to install py-ipython, py-beautifulsoup, and
psycopg2.  I'm running python25 and postgresql82, but those ports
"require" python24 and postgresql81, despite the versions that
macports installs supporting python25 and postgresql82.  I was
wondering: is there a way to force a port to install, without
installing its dependents?  I know I could just compile this from
source, but I really like using macports. . .

Thanks!

Gratefully,
a.