py-scientific / g95 (was: (no subject))

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Jul 19 00:55:42 PDT 2007

I had the very same error on PPC:

On 18.07.2007, at 01:16, LD wrote:

> MP 1.5.0, Mac OS 10.4.10 PPC
>
> # port upgrade -d py-scientific
> --->  Fetching py-scientific
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for py-scientific
> --->  Extracting py-scientific
> --->  Configuring py-scientific
> --->  Building py-scientific with target build
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_pytho
> n_py-scientific/work/ScientificPython-2.6" && /opt/local/bin/
> python2.4 setup.py build " returned error 1
> Command output: Src/Scientific_netcdf.c:1949: error: 'i' undeclared
> (first use in this function)
> Src/Scientific_netcdf.c: At top level:
> Src/Scientific_netcdf.c:1959: error: parse error before 'Py_ssize_t'

Originally I thought it was related to odcctools (which causes
strange errors for me repeatedly). I could solve the issue for me,
but, honestly, I have no clue what the problem was nor what the
solution is...

Anyway, I uninstalled all installed gcc (gcc41 and gcc42) plus g95,
odcctools, and netcdf.
I reinstalled netcdf and g95 (which in turn installs odcctools) and
could then successfully install py-scientific.

Just my 2 ct -- not a very "scientific" guide to solve your problem...

Btw, why does g95 rely on odcctools per default, instead of having a
odcctools variant?

Greetings,
Jochen
--