portslocation

David Robertson dwrobertson at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 18 13:49:35 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am a newbie to the Mac.  I am trying to use the MacPorts system,
version 1.5.  I saw another post to this list stating that
/opt/local/bin/portslocation has never existed.  It does not exist on my
system.

I'm trying to install the gaim port.  The instructions on
http://gaim.darwinports.com/ say to cd to the aforementioned directory.
The date on that page is July 18, 2007.

I try "port install gaim", ignoring the directory for the moment, and
the port system cannot find it.  If I do a Google search for
/opt/local/bin/portslocation, I get 27,800 hits.  At least for the first
several pages, it's all Mac related.

Should portslocation exist or not.  If not, is there some additional
configuration I need to do for MacPorts for it to be able to find gaim.

Thanks,

-David Robertson
-Berkeley Lab