portslocation

Denis Bueno denbuen at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 18 13:51:11 PDT 2007

On 07/18/2007 14:49, "David Robertson" <dwrobertson at lbl.gov> wrote:
> I'm trying to install the gaim port.  The instructions on
> http://gaim.darwinports.com/ say to cd to the aforementioned directory.

As I understand it, darwinports.com is not to be trusted in general, and
certainly not in particular with respect to Macports.  (I am willing to be
corrected; I got that impression from another thread on this mailing list.)
Darwinports.com and macports.org are not affiliated.  So whatever you read
on there probably has no bearing to your macports installation

If you'd like to see whether the gaim port is available on your system:

    sudo port search gaim

Unfortunately for you, I don't think it is.

-Denis