gnucash upgrade installs but fails to work

Marc André Selig mas at macports.org
Wed Jul 18 22:27:39 PDT 2007

On 7/19/07, McGarry Vince <vmcgarry at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Here is my log file. The installation goes smoothly, but something
> doesn't work. Any insights?
[...]
> <unnamed port>: In expression (user-vicinity):
> <unnamed port>: Unbound variable: user-vicinity

You're probably running GnuCash with guile 1.8.1, which does not currently work.

Remove the guile, slib-guile and g-wrap ports from your system, then
install gnucash with variant +guile16 (which is the default variant in
the stable tree).

Or, you could find out what exactly it is that interferes with guile
1.8.1, then fix it and submit patches. ;-)

Regards,
Marc