roll back gnucash

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 19 01:36:23 PDT 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 00:59, Kastus Shchuka wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Marc André Selig wrote:
>
>> On 7/19/07, Kastus Shchuka wrote:
>>
>>> I just upgraded gnucash to 2.2.0 and after playing with it for some
>>> time realized that it is not really usable. It starts much slower
>>> than 2.0.5, report generation takes forever, and moreover, there is
>>> no graphics in the report.
>>>
>>>   Is it possible to revert back to version 2.0.5?
>>
>> See
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-July/
>> 004452.html
>> for information on how to install an old port.
>
> That post was about ocaml, not gnucash

Yes, the example was ocaml, but it illustrates the basic concept
which can be used for any port: use the repository browser to find
the revision of the port that you want, check out that revision, and
use port to install from that directory.

>> If there's wider demand, I can provide a gnucash20 port.
>
> Here is what did the trick for me:
>
> kastus-shchukas-ibook-g4:~ pike$ sudo port uninstall gnucash
> Password:
> --->  The following versions of gnucash are currently installed:
> --->    gnucash @2.0.5_2+guile16
> --->    gnucash @2.2.0_0+guile16 (active)
> Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the
> full version as recorded in the port registry.
> kastus-shchukas-ibook-g4:~ pike$ sudo port deactivate gnucash
> --->  Deactivating gnucash
> kastus-shchukas-ibook-g4:~ pike$ sudo port uninstall gnucash
> @2.2.0_0+guile16
> --->  Uninstalling gnucash 2.2.0_0+guile16
> kastus-shchukas-ibook-g4:~ pike$ sudo port activate gnucash @2.0.5_2
> +guile16
> --->  Activating gnucash 2.0.5_2+guile16

Oh, so you still had the old version installed, just not active. Yes,
then that's easy. If you did not have it still installed, then you
would need to go through the palaver above because no, MacPorts does
not provide a built-in way to install older versions of a port, only
the current version.