gnucash upgrade installs but fails to work

Marc André Selig mas at macports.org
Thu Jul 19 09:27:33 PDT 2007

(Please remember to cc the list on all replies.)

On 7/19/07, McGarry Vince <vmcgarry at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> It compiled with guile16 which, as you stated, is the default. I
> tried removing guile and slib-guile. g-wrap was not installed. I had
> guile16 and g-wrap16 already installed. After cleaning everything I
> attempted to install and got:
>
> configure: WARNING: Can not find Guile on this system
> checking for guile... no
> checking for guile - 1.6.0 <= version < 99.99.99... no:
> configure: WARNING: guile version check failed
> configure: error:

If you had installed guile and slib-guile after already having
installed guile16 and slib-guile16, things may have gotten mixed up.

I'd suggest uninstalling guile, guile16, slib-guile, slib-guile16,
g-wrap, g-wrap16.  Deactivate any previous version of gnucash.  Then
try installing anew (with +guile16), and it should pull in the
required dependencies in the correct order.

(I don't know if macports 1.5 has learned to activate inactive but
installed dependencies?  If so, deactivating the guile stuff instead
of uninstalling would also work and would be quite a bit faster.  On
1.4, it would break things.)

Regards,
Marc