gtksourceview# does not recognize gnome#

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 20 02:27:26 PDT 2007

On Jul 20, 2007, at 01:27, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> -for the subject of the messages, there's no problem, I will
> respond to the messages
> -for the using of macports, I would like to use more often macports
> but if I do not use macports, it's because I can't:
>  gtksourceview# is in version 1.8.5 in macports, but I need version
> 2.0-0.10

Again, I'd ask you to use the actual name of the port in question.
There can be no port "gtksourceview#" because "#" is not valid in
port names.

I see a port "gtksourceview" which is at version 1.8.5, but that is
the latest stable version of gtksourceview as far as I can tell from
the gnome FTP server.

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sources/gtksourceview/1.8/

Also as far as I can tell, "gtksourceview#", a.k.a. "gtksourceview-
sharp" (the C# bindings for gtksourceview) is a different project,
and you're right, I don't see MacPorts port for it yet either. Though
I'm not 100% sure of all of this as I don't use C# or gnome or gtk.

>  gnome-sharp seems not to exist in macports

I see the port "gnome-bindings-csharp" at version 2.12, but it
doesn't seem to do anything, and its long description contains the
note "the GNOME Java bindings have yet to be ported to Mac OS X." You
could ask the maintainer of that port for more info.