how to start with macports ?

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Sun Jul 22 03:43:42 PDT 2007

Le lundi, 15 jan 2007, à 12:14 Europe/Paris, Matthias Steinbeck a écrit
:

> 2007/1/15, Thomas De Contes <d.l.tDeContes at free.fr>:
>>
>> i don't find on http://www.macports.org/ how to start with macports
>>
>> isn't it an svn command to replace
>> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.opendarwin.org:/Volumes/src/cvs/od
>> login
>> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.opendarwin.org:/Volumes/src/cvs/od
>> co
>> -P darwinports
>> which was needed to begin with darwinports ?
>
> The wiki is the best help
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki

thank you very much, it's very usefull :-)

> I think you won't need svn these days to start with macports.

it's nice to be able to install macports without svn :-)

but i would like to make a script which automatically install macports
if it's not installed, and update it if it is already installed (like
the one i made with cvs)
how to do that ?

on https://libre.adacore.com/GtkAda/main.html there is
svn checkout http://svn.eu.adacore.com/anonsvn/Dev/trunk/GtkAda
regarding to http://www.macports.org/?page_id=4 does that mean i have
just to do
svn checkout http://svn.eu.adacore.com/anonsvn/Dev/trunk/GtkAda
?
(anyway it would be nice to tell it on the website :-) )

btw, i have an other question for this script :

i did
port install gtk2
port upgrade gtk2
and often it doesn't works
port install may do sth wrong if the port is already installed

what can i do instead ?

--
Mon CV : http://tDeContes.hd.free.fr/divers/emploi/