Checksum failure with ncbi_tools

Chris Doucette christopher.doucette at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:23:43 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've been trying to install ncbi_tools and get a checksum error, namely

Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for ncbi.tar.gz
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums

I've manually downloaded the file by FTP from the source site
(ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/toolbox/ncbi_tools/) and it downloads and
expands fine, without corruption, and it apparently hasn't been
altered in about five years, so I'm assuming there's some problem on
the macports side rather than it being a corrupted file or a stealth
update.

Is there a way I can force the installer to use the expanded archive I
downloaded myself and skip the checksum?

Thanks,
- Chris Doucette