failed to build ports ocaml, xfig

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Tue Jul 24 05:07:00 PDT 2007

Hi,

Dimitri Hendriks wrote:

> Thanks a lot for you help so far. Unfortunately,
> the commands you give seem not work for me.
> Possibly, I have overlooked something.

It's me who I overlooked two things actually.  The first one is that all
the commands I mentioned shoudl be given as root.  So you are correct in
putting the sudos in front.

> First, a question: if I do
>
>    sudo port -v extract xfig
>
> I get no message or whatsoever, just a new prompt; is that OK?

That's probably the second thing I forgot to mention, you need to
uninstall and clean the xfig first, and thisis probably the reason that
the above command does nothing.  So try a

   sudo port uninstall xfig
   sudo port clean xfig

I hope it works now.

Stefan