failed to build ports ocaml, xfig

Dimitri Hendriks diem at cs.vu.nl
Tue Jul 24 00:28:30 PDT 2007

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot for you help so far. Unfortunately,
the commands you give seem not work for me.
Possibly, I have overlooked something.

First, a question: if I do

   sudo port -v extract xfig

I get no message or whatsoever, just a new prompt; is that OK?

Then, I try:

   cd `port dir xfig`/work/xfig.3.2.5/

but this fails, there is no such directory:
`port dir xfig` expands to

   /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
graphics/xfig

and in there there is an empty dir "work"
(to be precise there is one empty file ".macports.xfig.state"),
so no dir xfig.3.2.5.

Do you know what to try next?

Thanks again,
Dimitri