error with python24

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Jul 24 09:04:42 PDT 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Thomas De Contes wrote:
> but i would like to understand why python needs QuickTime CoreAudio
> and OpenGL, too :-)

Python has a lot of nice integration with those frameworks, you can
turn off that support if you're sure you don't want it though.

> i want to install cvs2svn, it needs python, but it won't use
> QuickTime CoreAudio or OpenGL via python, so it would be nice that
> it needn't them to be installed :-)

If you install python24 with the +puredarwin variant, it will disable
the framework style build and disable the "toolbox glue"

You'll be missing that functionality, but if you're sure you don't
want/need it, it's an option.
--
Daniel J. Luke