Is There a Way to Know Full Dependencies?

Xin Liu smilerliu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:00:15 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm just wondering, is there an easy way to know the full dependencies
for installing a package? For instance, gnuplot depends on tetex, and
tetex further depends on texinfo, then is it possible for me to know
that gnuplot indirectly depends on texinfo before the actual
downloading and compiling start? I ask this because I want to easily
find out the full dependencies of installing a package before
installing anything, so that if I don't like a particular dependency,
I can edit the portfile to bypass it.

Best
Regards,

Xin Liu