what is an inactive port?

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Fri Jul 27 03:55:45 PDT 2007

On 27.7.2007, at 13.44, Michael Thon wrote:

> Could someone explain to me what an inactive port is?
> Cheers
> Mike

Hi,
you get inactive ports after upgrades automatically, they (the old
versions) are installed, they exist, but they are not active, as they
are not in use. Using 'port deactivate' one can make ports inactive
deliberately.
NB! If you want to see, what ports are inactive, use 'port echo
inactive', 'port list inactive' produces confusing results.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386