port zip unavailable?

Weissmann Markus mww at macports.org
Fri Jul 27 05:28:14 PDT 2007

On 27 Jul 2007, at 14:13, McGarry Vince wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2007, at 1:37 AM, Weissmann Markus wrote:
>
>> Hi Vince,
>>
>> the problem is on your machine: It cannot resolve the hostnames of
>> the servers, meaning it cant determine the IP address of the
>> servers. This looks like a local networking problem - the distfile
>> fetches just fine here (from the 1st server).
>> Check your network connection and try again!
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> -Markus
>>

> Hello Markus,
>
> Actually, no. The file is not available at the master site listed
> in the portfile, as directly going to that address shows. I found
> an alternate site and changed the portfile to reflect a location
> where the fille exists (happened to be ftp://tug.ctan.org/tex-
> archive/tools/zip/info-zip/src/) and everything installed correctly.
>
> Vince

actually yes:

foo:~/ bar$ sudo port -dt checksum zip
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/archivers/zip
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/archivers/zip
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port zip.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port zip.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port zip.
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.main (zip)
--->  Fetching zip
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.fetch (zip)
--->  zip232.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/macports/
distfiles/zip
--->  Attempting to fetch zip232.tar.gz from ftp://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/
pub/unix/archiving/info-zip/src/
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
Left  Speed
100  788k  100  788k    0     0  88998      0  0:00:09  0:00:09
--:--:--  481k
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for zip
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.checksum (zip)
--->  Checksumming zip232.tar.gz
DEBUG: Correct (md5) checksum for zip232.tar.gz
DEBUG: Correct (sha1) checksum for zip232.tar.gz
DEBUG: Correct (rmd160) checksum for zip232.tar.gz

-Markus

---
Markus W. Weissmann
http://www.mweissmann.de/