MacPorts + PHP subversion bindings

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.com
Mon Jul 30 08:04:29 PDT 2007

Ben Weintraub wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to build the 'svn' PECL package (Subversion bindings for
> PHP) and running into some problems which I think may be MacPorts
> related.  I've installed the dependencies (PHP 5.2.3 running under
> apache2, apr 1.2.9, apr-util 1.2.8, and subversion 1.4.3) all from
> MacPorts and managed to build the svn module, but when I try to load
> it from within a PHP script with dl() I get the following in my
> apache error log:
>
> dyld: NSLinkModule() error
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _empty_string
>
> Referenced from: ./lib/svn.so
>
> Expected in: flat namespace
>
> [Sun Jul 22 11:15:20 2007] [notice] child pid 4641 exit signal
> Trace/BPT trap (5)
>
> [...]
>
> Any ideas or leads would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

Hi,

I think the problem is that the svn module for php was not build with
the correct version of php-config or phpize (or something similar) of php.
Open the Terminal and type "which php", "which php-config" and "which
phpize" to find out which version is active. The path should start with
/opt/local if you installed macports there.
If not then you have to update the $PATH variable to point to the
macpoints directory.
You can open your .bash_profile in your home directory and add the
following at the end:

PATH=/opt/local/bin:$PATH

This should ensure the macports version is used.

Hope this helps,
Simon
- --
+ privacy is necessary