Error compiling gtk-sharp

Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte eiffleduarte at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:43:09 PDT 2007

Hey, all!

I am a newbie in MacOS X (been using it for almost a year now), with some
Linux background.
I am running MacOS X 10.4.10 on a Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro. I downloaded
and installed MacPorts 1.5 in order to try and install MonoDevelop (I use
Mono 1.2.4, installed from the binary provided at mono-project.org, which
does not include gtk-sharp and applications that use it).
So, after installing MacPorts 1.5.0, I ran 'sudo port -v selfupdate' and
then installed a few apps to test MacPorts: Dia and Planner.
Next, I tried installing Gtk#, running 'sudo port -v install gtk-sharp'. The
connection to macports.org was closed a few times while fetching tarballs,
but after some time, all the source was downloaded and compiled, until I got
the error I copied at the end of my message. As I understand it, the code
was compiled, but something failed during the activation phase. I thought it
was something related to an improper path, but could not understand how to
fix it. The file gapi_codegen.exe was built and lies at
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_gtk-sharp/work/gtk-
sharp-1.0.10/generator/gapi_codegen.exe.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance,

--
Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte
eiffleduarte at gmail.com
Niterói, RJ, Brasil

<SNIPPET>
macbookctp8:~ ctp8$ sudo port -v install gtk-sharp
Password:
--->  Building gtk-sharp with target all
make  all-recursive
Making all in sources
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in generator
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in parser
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in glib
Making all in glue
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in pango
Making all in .
rm -f generated/* &&    \
 ../generator/gapi_codegen.exe --generate pango-api.xml           \
--outdir=generated --customdir=. --assembly-name=pango-sharp \
&& touch generated-stamp
/bin/sh: line 1: ../generator/gapi_codegen.exe: cannot execute binary file
make[3]: *** [generated-stamp] Error 126
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_gtk-sharp/work/gtk-
sharp-1.0.10" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: make  all-recursive
[...]

Warning: the following items did not execute (for gtk-sharp):
org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
org.macports.install
macbookctp8:~ ctp8$

</SNIPPET>