xfig crashes

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at vcn.com
Mon Jul 30 19:13:31 PDT 2007

Stefan Bruda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jonathan Stickel wrote:
>> I installed xfig-3.2.5_1 via macports and it crashes when I click on a
>> menu button (File,Edit,View,...).  Pulling up a dialog box by a keyboard
>> sequence (e.g. M-o to open) seems to work OK, though.  Any suggestions?
>
> Searching the list is always useful, as this has just been discussed, see
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-July/004596.html
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-July/004620.html
>
> Stefan

Fair enough.  Google searching didn't show anything, but next time I'll
search the macports bugs and the mailing list.  Is the mailing list
searchable somewhere, or do I need to look through the archives?

I have been using gentoo for a long time, and I am stilling getting used
to macports.  In gentoo, if something like this popped up, the "port"
would be removed in favor of an earlier version that worked; that is
until the port was fixed.  Is there an earlier version readily
available?  I'm guessing not by the thread referred to above.  In that
case, what is a typical time frame for a bug like this to be fixed?

Thanks,
Jonathan

P.S.  I expect I'll be helping out with ports development before too
long, and so my questions should not be construed as complaints.  Just
trying to learn!